Looking in to Donating Gym Equipment? Maybe last year’s resolution to work out at home came and went leaving you with a roomful of unused workout equipment. Or maybe your new job includes the perk of a gym membership so you want to offload your home exercise equipment and repurpose that space. Perhaps you’ve just inherited an outdated exercise bike or a clunky treadmill that makes so much noise even your Bose noise-canceling headphones can’t help you make it through a run on it.
Whatever your motivation for getting rid of home gym equipment, here are some ideas for how to go about it:
- Sell It: Maybe the equipment is still in great working condition and you just don’t use it. Why not sell it? Facebook Marketplace, craigslist, and letgo are great ways to sell larger items locally without having to worry about astronomical shipping costs. Some fitness companies are also interested in buying old gym equipment and may pick it up for you.
- Donate It: Maybe it still works but you aren’t having any luck selling it. Consider donating to a local church, community or senior center. Organization such as Easter Seals, and AmVets might also be interested in exercise equipment that is in good working order, and you’ll get a tax break.
- Give It Away: Some websites allow you to post items for free such as Nextdoor or Freecycle. If you live in a busy neighborhood, you could put the item on the curb with a free sign. If you go this route, you should probably make sure your homeowner’s association doesn’t have an issue with it.
- Scrap It: If your item is no longer in working order, you might need to try a junk removal company that will take it away for a fee. Or, you can try to scrap it yourself or give to someone who scraps gym equipment.
- Have 9Pickup Pick It Up: We recommend scheduling a local pickup. 9Pickup has worked with many South Florida charities. We’re now proud to be Networking To Help Children’s Home Pickup Service with a fleet of trucks available to pick up your donations at your home, office, or business. If you’re looking for a convenient way to donate your unwanted household items or business inventory while giving back to the community, 9Pickup is your answer for Donating Gym Equipment.